Do you have a passion for design? An eye for detail? And a skill for organization?
KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural and interior design practices. In every project, we focus on design excellence and create integrated, detailed and immersive spaces. KPMB is dedicated to creating connections of people with spaces that foster a new narrative of experiences beyond the aesthetic.
KPMB is seeking an inspiring and passionate individual to be the Procurement and Project Coordinator on one of our most exciting projects. Our ideal candidate will be an integral part of our Design Team and will bring analytical thinking to ensure all aspects of the FFE meet and exceed the client’s and KPMB’s innovation and quality standards. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent organization and communication skills.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop FFE project schedules, work plans, and ensure coordination of teams, vendors, consultants to meet milestone deadlines;
- Coordinate, lead, document meetings with client groups, consultants and user groups;
- Coordinate scheduling, transportation and freight logistics of deliveries and installations with client and vendors;
- Maintain and update intensive Master FFE and Responsibility matrices for the project and ensure alignment and coordination with infrastructure and client requirements;
- Review interior design specifications to ensure compliance with operator or client standards;
- Coordinate and ascertain approvals on strike‐offs, prototypes, samples, shop drawings;
- Organize transportation, freight logistics, deliveries and installations
- Create and develop RFQs and RFPs for issue;
- Coordinate and manage RFP process including review and levelling of bids with client, design team for award recommendations;
- Monitor and inspect the work of vendors to ensure quality of work and adherence to project schedule;
- Ensure work, or variations to contract scope, are within contract terms and budget;
- Track progress and identify risks with the potential to impact budget and schedule.
- Experience in healthcare corporate interiors, and hospitality an asset;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Minimum 2‐3 years of experience in FFE procurement, and or related experience;
- Proven ability of organization, analytical and negotiation capabilities;
- Self‐motivated, with the ability to work effectively independently and within a team;
- Working knowledge of customs and transportation logistics;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast‐paced environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Revit and AutoCAD an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com with “Procurement and Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.