Are you passionate about the latest BIM technologies and processes? Do you have a strong technical background and a drive to help others succeed? If so, we want to hear from you!
KPMB is seeking a BIM Coordinator to help inform and implement our digital delivery strategy, working with our highly qualified teams to achieve and maintain a level of excellence in design and project delivery.
Responsibilities will include strategy documentation, model federation, project auditing, project-specific content development, troubleshooting and coordination, model management, project setup with GIS/survey data, Cloud platform (Autodesk Construction Cloud) support, customizations, and project-specific problem solving and solutions. Additionally, you will be involved with office-wide BIM working group initiatives and the evolution of office BIM standards and practices.
KPMB embraces a culture of learning for all members of the practice. You will be responsible for helping grow the skill base of those around you, passing on your skills and experience, but will also be supported in your own learning and growth goals.
The general scope of the role:
- Model coordination and information management
- Model auditing and reporting to teams for action
- Documentation, review, and audit of project standards
- Development and support of project-level Revit strategies
- Defining and implementing project-level information management strategies according to office practices
- Support customizations in Revit project files such as shared parameters for projects, project organization, custom Revit families, workflows
- Autodesk Construction Cloud project admin responsibility
- Support project coordination with Navisworks model federation and reporting (Virtual Design Review)
- Report to the BIM manager on project health and initiatives
- Be a supporting member of the BIM working group in the office
- Help implement office-wide BIM initiatives through project implementation
- Supporting teams through targeted training
- Geolocating models and working with Survey data
- Graduate from an Architectural Technologist program or Architecture/Engineering university degree
- 3-5 years of experience working on large-scale or complex projects with a diverse design team involved
- Proficient in BIM software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks
- Exposure to Autodesk Construction Cloud formerly BIM360
- Proficient with Microsoft office suites, such as Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to peers and project leads/managers
- Ability to write standard practice guides and project documents which define workflows clearly
- Ability to understand information management strategies
- Knowledge of ISO19650 standards and their implementation
- Generative design
- Computational design tools
- Dynamo, Grasshopper, Python coding ability
- Digital Rendering experience with any tools
- Rhino experience intermediate+
- Experience with point cloud datasets
- Cloud platforms (Autodesk Construction Cloud)
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com with “BIM Coordinator” in the subject line.
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. KPMB Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know.