Are you a skilled Sr. Project Accountant looking for a challenging and rewarding position that allows you to utilize your skills in financial management, project accounting, while making a meaningful contribution to the firm? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Project Accountant to join our team.
As a Sr. Project Accountant, you will report to and collaborate closely with the Controller to ensure that the firm’s project financial performance is correctly measured monthly and help key stakeholders understand the financial life cycle of their projects.
This opportunity requires a results-orientated individual, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a dead-line driven environment.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications; approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Generate and analyze monthly project profitability reports and provide insightful commentary based on performance.
- Review project budgets, staffing, and work plans for appropriate fees.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing.
- Prepare billing schedules and revenue forecasts for the project.
- Issue invoices for revenue, consultants, and expenses
- Collect outstanding client receivables and escalate collection issues as required.
- Enter consultant invoices in the system and ensure they are aligned with project budgets.
- Recommend consultant invoices for payment based on receipts.
- Track and respond to matters related to payment provisions under the New Construction Act ensuring compliance.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing revenue.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time phases in the company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labour, or expenses, as directed by PIC.
- Analyze the P & L accounts monthly.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, as directed by the Controller.
- Recommend process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliations.
- Communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff and management.
- Be a mentor to the emerging professionals on the team.
Who we are looking for:
If you can answer “YES” to the following questions, we want to hear from you.
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or qualified by experience?
- Do you have a professional certification such as CPA or are you actively pursuing the designation?
- Do you have a deep understanding and experience in full-cycle accounting?
- If your experience has been in the architecture industry, this is preferred.
- Do you enjoy utilizing your strong communication skills, both verbally and written, to effectively convey information, build rapport, and collaborate with colleagues?
- Are you able to interpret financial data and communicate it effectively to stake holders?
- Do you enjoy utilizing your problem-solving skills to overcome challenges and find creative solutions in your work?
- Do you thrive on working in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment?
- Do you enjoy collaborating and working with others as a team to achieve a common goal?
- Have you worked in a project structure – client/consultant business environment?
- Do you enjoy working with Excel and feel confident in your ability to utilize advanced functions to analyze data, create reports, and streamline processes?
- If you have experience working with Deltek Vantage Software, that is an asset.
Our Core Values:
- People first. We support one another and treat everyone with respect, empathy, and integrity.
- Teamwork. We design through collaboration, challenging ourselves and our clients to achieve excellence.
- Rigour. We rigorously pursue ideas to craft buildings that are transformative, regenerative, and beautiful.
- Sustainability and equity. We seek to have a positive social, environmental, and economic impact through our work.
- We give back. We support and strengthen the cultural and social well-being of our communities.
If this is you, we invite you to contact us by:
Submitting your CV in confidence to email@example.com with “Sr. Project Accountant” in the subject line.
We are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. KPMB Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you are contacted by KPMB regarding your application, please advise if you require accommodations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.