KPMB is currently seeking a Proposal Team Lead to join the Business Development Team. As a key member of the BD team, you will play a key role in organizing targeted competitive architectural bid submissions, overseeing, and producing RFQs, RFPs, competition bids, and interview presentations.
You will report to the Director, Business Development Strategy, and work very closely with a team of architects, pursuit coordinators, writers, editors, and graphic designers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, produce, and deliver clear, professional, visually compelling and persuasive proposal documents within allocated time frames
- Research/analysis of the pursuit requirements
- Conduct and participate in Pre-Landing/RFQ/RFP/Interview Strategy session including schedule for tracking proposal elements and requirements responsibilities and timelines
- Assess KPMB’s competition, their strategies, and tactics
- Identify and coordinate firms for teaming including subconsultants and architectural partners
- Draft proposal and oversee proposal production
- Collaborate on presentations for interviews, and coordinate key personnel, materials
- Organize and coordinate interviews, including personnel and materials
- Conduct debriefing of proposals regardless of outcome
- Lead a team comprising of BD support staff, graphic designers and assigned architect project leads, setting clear roles and responsibilities, expectations, timelines, and critical paths for proposals
- Foster a culture of continuous growth and improvement within the BD team and provide regular feedback to BD Management
- Coordinate efforts with Marketing and Communications, Graphics, and Business Development team members
Skills, Requirements and Key Competencies
- Minimum three to five years’ experience with competitive bids and responding to rigorous compliance requirements in the AEC industry.
- Successful track record of planning, strategizing, producing, and delivering successful RFQ/RFPs to shortlist firms.
- Strong time management and organization skills – ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting KPMB quality standards.
- Ability to coach, motivate, inspire team members to develop creative, customized responses and materials.
- Ability to manage and coordinate cross-disciplinary teams through all stages of the competitive bid process.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills in technical, creative and persuasive writing, editing, storyboarding and creative direction of presentations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Thrive working within a fast-paced, creative, and innovative environment.
- Fluency in publishing software and Adobe Software suite preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com with “Proposal Team Lead” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.