KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has developed a diverse portfolio of architectural projects, with a focus on building healthy, vibrant communities and cities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence in contemporary modern design. KPMB has grown to 100+ employees and is recognized for its highly collaborative, energetic culture. KPMB works on a wide variety of high-profile projects for some of North America’s leading cultural, educational, and business leaders.
KPMB is seeking a talented individual to join the studio within a healthcare project team as a Project Oriented Model Lead.
As a member of the KPMB Design Team, you will play a significant role on a project that requires creativity, collaboration, in-depth knowledge, design details, technical capabilities, while maintaining KPMB’s quality from concept through to construction.
Core responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Daily Revit model maintenance and project audits;
- Focused on one project, to maintain multiple models and technology;
- Database management (dRofus, Power BI, room data) for the project and integration with Revit;
- Works with planners to make sure that data is used and leveraged to help improve the design process and assure that proper work output is generated;
- Lead and oversee data reporting and extraction;
- Technical daily troubleshooting with project team;
- Management of project BIM Execution Plan;
- Coordination with Consultant BIM Leads (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, etc) for Revit strategy changes (phases, model revisions, etc), consultant linking, and shared coordinates;
- Communicate project issues to project teams, and senior staff;
- Revit content creation & organization. Create functional in-house objects for continued use (to be in conjunction with dRofus.);
- Training and providing workflow solutions to staff with the help of KPMB BIM Lead;
- Highlighting & communicating potential project/model issues to KPMB BIM Lead;
- Production view and sheet set up (DD, CDs) for production team;
- Revit production expectations for DD and CD drawings when high level BIM items have been satisfied.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience using Revit in a professional setting;
- Experience using dRofus or similar data management tools an asset;
- Technologist level education or greater (architecture experience an asset) or BIM specific certification within the field;
- Professional accreditation with OAAAS, Lic. Tech. OAA or similar an asset;
- Good understanding of BIM Protocols/Standards;
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Good working knowledge of Rhino & Grasshopper;
- Good working knowledge of Dynamo;
- Fast-paced problem solving;
- Great at communicating complex situations;
- Experienced with technical troubleshooting;
- Creating and maintaining Revit content;
- Working knowledge of AEC documentation/drafting standards.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com with “Project Oriented Model Lead” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario.
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.