KPMB is seeking an outstanding individual to join the Finance team as a Project Accountant.
As a Project Accountant, you will ensure that the firm’s projects financial performance is correctly measured monthly and help project managers to understand the financial life cycle of their projects.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), Client, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications; approvals, and any additional services-related to billing;
- Review project budgets, staffing and work plans for appropriate fees;
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Controller and Principal of Finance, as to your observations and actions taken;
- Prepare billing schedules, and revenue forecasts by project;
- Issue invoices for revenue, consultants and expenses;
- Collect on outstanding client receivables, escalate collection issues as required;
- Recommend consultant invoices for payment based on receipts;
- Track and respond to matters related to payment provisions under the New Construction Act ensuring compliance;
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing revenue;
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports;
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time phases in company system;
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC;
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Controller;
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, as directed by the Controller;
- Recommend process improvements to the billing cycle;
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others;
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliations;
- Communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff and management;
- Act as liaison between Project Managers & the Accounting team on matters relating to project performance, client contracts, additional services, and project billings;
- Set up new pursuit and project codes in accounting system;
- Assist and act as point of contact for system migration and reporting protocol development.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Controller;
You will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or are qualified by experience.
- Have at least 5 years of Project Accounting experience, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sums, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process. Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software(s).
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis and recognize when escalation is necessary to the Controller.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vantage Software or other similar project based accounting platform required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com with “Project Accountant” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario.
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.