KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has developed a diverse portfolio of architectural projects, with a focus on building healthy, vibrant communities and cities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence in contemporary modern design. KPMB has grown to 100+ employees and is recognized for its highly collaborative, energetic culture. KPMB works on a wide variety of high-profile projects for some of North America’s leading cultural, educational, and business leaders.
KPMB is seeking a Interior Designer to join the team. This role is for a 1-year maternity leave coverage, ideally commencing in November 2020. The Interior Designer will report to the Sr. Associate, Interior Designer and work closely with Partners, Principals, Architects and clients.
The core responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Conducts concept/schematic design, space planning development, technical drawings and detailing on all assigned projects from early conceptual stages through to final completion;
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, finishes, equipment, and accessories;
- Responsible for preparation of FF&E documents;
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings – render conceptual design ideas and prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings;
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination;
- Assists junior staff as required;
- Works closely with Project Architect / Designer and other team members to meet overall project objectives, and that maintain KPMB quality standards.
You will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an interior designer with strong knowledge and experience of the interior design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials;
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Rendering, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office Suite;
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented, self-initiator, responsible and highly motivated;
- Experience working on commercial interiors projects (workplace, retail, educational and hospitality);
- LEED certified and NCIDQ an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com with “Interior Designer” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario, however, during the current Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely.
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.