KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural and interior design practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has developed a diverse portfolio of architectural projects, with a focus on building healthy, vibrant communities and cities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence in contemporary modern design. In every project, we focus on design excellence and create integrated, detailed, and immersive spaces. KPMB is dedicated to creating connections of people with spaces that foster a new narrative of experiences beyond the aesthetic.
KPMB has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Interior Designer to be an integral part of our design team.
As an Interior Designer with KPMB, you will:
- Work closely with Partners, Principals-in-Charge and Designers to meet overall objectives and maintain KPMB quality standards;
- Manage client relationships and expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination;
- Conduct concept/schematic design, space planning development, technical drawings, and detailing on assigned projects from early conceptual stage through to completion;
- Be responsible for selection and specification of furniture, finishes, equipment, and accessories;
- Be responsible for preparation of FF&E documents;
- Prepare presentations for internal and client meetings;
- Render conceptual design ideas and prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings;
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an interior designer with strong knowledge in design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials;
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Excellent communication skills, team-oriented, self-initiator, responsible and highly motivated;
- Experience in leading client engagement processes from programming, conceptual design through to construction phase;
- Experience working on commercial interiors projects (workplace, retail, educational and hospitality;
- Registered member of ARIDO preferred;
- NCIDQ certified an asset;
- LEED-certified an asset.
If this is you, we invite you to contact us by:
Submitting your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interior Designer” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario, however, during the current Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely.
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply.