KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has evolved a diverse portfolio of architectural projects with a focus on building healthy, vibrant cities and communities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence and contemporary modern design. KPMB has grown to 100+ employees and is recognized for its highly collaborative, energetic culture. KPMB works on a wide variety of high-profile projects for some of North America’s leading cultural, educational, and business leaders.
KPMB Architects is seeking a Construction Administration Assistant interested in new and exciting challenges. We are a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Our people are creative professionals working in small teams on large-scale projects.
- Perform day-to-day construction administration related tasks required for the smooth running of the project at construction phase from start to finish, including coordinating consultant submissions and processing construction documents;
- Coordinate and ensure smooth document control of design intensive architectural projects during construction administration;
- Assist Project Architects in prompt turnaround of construction administration stage deliverables;
- Maintain proper record keeping, logs, and filing related to construction administration;
- Prepare and present to the Project Manager and the KPMB construction administration team weekly reports of construction administration document traffic, reviews of submissions, preparation of supplemental documentation, change requests, and administrative statistics;
- Ensure changes in project documents are communicated to team members;
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with KPMB staff, members of consultant teams and Constructors;
- Understand company, professional association, and local Authority standards as these relate to construction administration and ensure that projects comply with such requirements;
- Other duties as needed to support construction administration document flow and the construction administration effort in the service of realizing exceptional design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly, calmly, and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines;
- Previous education, training, or office experience in the architecture, engineering, or construction industry is an asset;
- A working understanding of construction administration processes is an asset;
- Must be self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team/teams;
- Ability to take initiative and innovate changes to the construction administration process;
- Positive attitude, curiosity, and a desire to learn
- Must be dependable and prompt, proactive in expediting the work and motivating others to complete their tasks;
- Ability to understand new tasks and situations quickly and multitask;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good general digital competence and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project) and .pdf-driven programs such as Acrobat Pro and Bluebeam Revu.
- A knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD would also be desirable.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and portfolio in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Construction Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.