As a key member of the Digital Practice, the BIM Lead will report to the Director of IT and will share a passion in architecture, drawing and design excellence.
The successful candidate will be leveraging the latest Digital Practices to assist design teams with Revit software to accurately create and develop 3D, parametric models while maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all day to day BIM production activities and other modelling practices. The individual will be responsible for daily operation of the Digital Practice team, assist with strategic planning, onboarding new staff as it relates to the BIM process, provide in house training for architectural designers, assist in creating and maintaining company BIM standards, templates, graphic standards and family libraries; BIM committee oversight; perform multi-discipline coordination utilizing BIM techniques and clash detection tools; generate project specific custom Revit families and content, as needed; and demonstrate knowledge of BIM and CAD standards and best practices.
- 5+ years of architectural experience in design, construction documentation or BIM related role and a strong grasp of the BIM process; Experience in a BIM leadership role an asset
- Ability to manage others and direct daily tasks of the Digital Practice department
- A working understanding of Autodesk software including Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, 3DS Max;
- Experience using BIM 360, Revizto, Enscape, UNIFI an asset
- Knowledge in Rhino, Sketchup is an asset;
- Knowledge in computational and parametric design (Grasshopper, Dynamo) is an asset;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com with “BIM Lead” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.