KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has evolved a diverse portfolio of architectural projects with a focus on building healthy, vibrant cities and communities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence and contemporary modern design. KPMB has grown to 100+ employees and is recognized for its highly collaborative, energetic culture. KPMB works on a wide variety of high-profile projects for some of North America’s leading cultural, educational, and business leaders.
KPMB is seeking an experienced Sr. Architectural Technologist with a passion in architecture, drawing and design excellence.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Project Manager to develop detailed, accurate, and attractive construction drawings and documents for all stages of project delivery. This position will be responsible in coordinating and ensuring all aspects of the design has been detailed. Must be able to apply architectural concepts, building code and zoning requirements to develop architectural design documents to the satisfaction of the client(s); Prepare and assemble drawings sets from schematic design through to construction administration in Revit. Ensure all work meets KPMB standards for quality. Complete work upon agreed deadlines.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited Architectural Technologist Program or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years of solid experience as an Architectural technologist using AutoCAD and REVIT to prepare, draft, and produce working drawings for a variety of buildings including mixed use, academic, healthcare, cultural and civic buildings;
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion;
- Experience with building design codes and the Ontario Building Code is essential;
- Have an excellent eye for detail and experience with building systems technical design and construction detailing;
- Ability to work independently and with a highly collaborative team;
- Exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal;
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
How to Apply:
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all personal backgrounds to apply. Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com with “Sr. Architectural Technologist” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.