KPMB Architects is one of Canada’s leading architectural practices. Founded in 1987, KPMB has evolved a diverse portfolio of architectural projects with a focus on building healthy, vibrant cities and communities. The practice is committed to quality and excellence and contemporary modern design. KPMB has grown to 100+ employees and is recognized for its highly collaborative, energetic culture. KPMB works on a wide variety of high-profile projects for some of North America’s leading cultural, educational, and business leaders.
KPMB is seeking an individual to join the team as an Administrative Assistant.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will perform a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks, support office processes, support the firms’ management team and senior administrative team as an effective team player. You will have strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and time management to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Our office is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but this role is intended to be based in our downtown Toronto office.
Core responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to senior management and executive assistants to ensure smooth office operations.
- Review all incoming communication (mail, email, phone calls) with discretion and tact to determine urgency, accuracy.
- Prepare and proofread a diverse range of correspondence (emails, reports, agendas, and letters) with direction from senior management.
- Coordinate special events and invitations, including the purchase of tickets, reservations, registrations, RSVPs, guest lists, etc.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, scanning, maintaining computer and manual filing systems, etc.
- Provide information to external and internal contacts, while handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Coordinate travel, hotel, and transportation arrangements for senior management team.
- Monitor and update firm and senior management architecture licensing and apply for new licenses when required.
- Other duties include monitoring the kitchen and coffee supplies, sending and receiving couriers, ordering office supplies, and setting up and monitoring project print codes.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
- Positive attitude accompanied by a strong work ethic
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
KPMB Architects is located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario.
We are committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. If you are contacted by KPMB regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
KPMB celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.