- Bridgepoint Active Healthcare among the 12 winners announced for the 2016 Governor General's Medals in Architecture
May 19, 2016
- Celebration of Advocacy concerning the Victims of Communism Monument
April 26, 2016
- Transforming U of T's downtown Toronto campus
April 13, 2016
- Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre wins the 2016 OAA Award
April 06, 2016
- Fort York Branch Library Receves Special Mention for the 2016 Architizer A+ Awards
March 15, 2016
- Why we love the art we love: Marianne McKenna on the relationship between art and architecture
January 29, 2016
- Fort York Branch Library
January 13, 2016
- Looking behind the controversy
December 29, 2015
- The best of city building in Toronto
December 19, 2015
- Winning team picked to transform downtown University of Toronto campus
December 09, 2015
December 31, 2011 | David Johnston | The Governor General of Canada
Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects is pleased to announce that founding partner Bruce Kuwabara has been appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada. Kuwabara is among 66 new appointments, including former prime minister Paul Martin, retired generals Rick Hillier and Maurice Baril, General Charles Bouchard, broadcasters Stuart McLean and Brian Williams, hockey coach Scotty Bowman, and jazz musician Archie Alleyne.
The Order of Canada recognizes a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication to the community and service to the nation. The Order of Canada is part of the Canadian Honours System which recognizes exemplary citizenship and is accorded on the basis of lifetime achievement, bravery, valour, service in a specific field such as the military, protective services or volunteerism, or meritorious service in any field. National honours are presented, on behalf of the Queen, by Governor-General David Johnston.
For a full list of Order of Canada recipients click on the link below.